Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cocktail consisting of vodka mixed with apple juice, apple liqueur, or cider.‘in the absence of margaritas the drink of choice was appletinis’
- ‘While such drinks as the Sour Appletini have been getting lots of press lately, it seems the tried and true classics still lead the pack in popularity, at least according to the latest survey of bar managers and bartenders.’
- ‘The explosion of the Cosmopolitan and Appletini are two examples of how flavored Martinis have become the pre-dinner cocktail of choice.’
- ‘The restaurant offers four martinis - Classic, Appletini, Cosmopolitan and Chocolate Martini - for $3 per drink.’
- ‘It's cheaper than an appletini or whatever you kids are swilling these days.’
- ‘Cocktails are great, I highly recommend the Appletini.’
1990s: blend of apple and Martini.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.