One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See apple polisher
- ‘Through this formula, you can see that apple polishing establishes a faulty logical connection.’
- ‘There was no apple-polishing, no flattering the Governor.’
- ‘Note that apple polishing can take subtle forms, for example, ‘Youre too intelligent to believe in mental telepathy.’’
- ‘And when a bunch of politicians and so-called academicians held such seminars praising the PM, you know that apple-polishing has gone to the extreme.’
- ‘Another way that is just as effective as apple-polishing is flattery, giving someone high praise, telling him how good he looks, or how well he speaks, or how wise he is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.