Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘There is a further analogy in how you incorporate what you learn into your entire apperceptive mass.’
- ‘In fact, the distinction between apperceptive and associative agnosia has several limitations.’
- ‘This is the earlier form of apperceptive analysis and rises directly from associations.’
- ‘It is an apperceptive activity - both active and passive.’
- ‘A common symptom of apperceptive visual agnosia is prosopagnosia, the inability to recognize faces.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.