One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or process of appeasing.‘a policy of appeasement’
conciliation, placation, pacification, propitiation, palliation, allaying, reconciliationsatisfaction, fulfilment, gratification, indulgence, provisionView synonyms
- ‘This is not a time for political accommodation or popular appeasement.’
- ‘I think that pacifism and appeasement are the politics of the naive and foolish.’
- ‘If that is not appeasement, I'd like to know what you call it.’
- ‘I do not believe in vile acquittals, phony appeasements, easy forgiveness.’
- ‘They're willing to play chicken, because they've been winning for more than a century, and our appeasements have only whetted their appetites for more concessions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.