One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a case or ruling) able to be referred to a higher court for review.‘the decisions of the tribunal are not appealable’
- ‘It was intended that, consequently, such decisions should not be appealable.’
- ‘I have an appealable case but now I have to consider the question of the costs of an appeal to the Supreme Court.’
- ‘This stated that a decision by a High Court judge on an application shall not be appealable.’
- ‘Your Honour, how can a taxpayer who is the recipient of the decision of the Commissioner, by his own act, convert a decision which is both a reviewable decision and an appealable decision into only an appealable decision?’
- ‘Well, all of these decisions are appealable (and I suppose they all will be appealed), so don't celebrate too hard just yet, but I'm happy anyway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.