One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A court that hears appeals, especially (the Appeal Court) the Court of Appeal.
- ‘The appeal court upheld the High Court judge's ruling that the benefits of vaccination outweighed the risks.’
- ‘But his conviction was quashed after the appeal court heard fresh evidence from new witnesses.’
- ‘This week, the US Supreme Court upheld an appeal court ruling that verified the original District Court verdict.’
- ‘The appeal court concluded that it had no doubts regarding the lower court's evaluation of the facts.’
- ‘Well, it is not for an appeal court or a trial court just to ignore a statute of the Commonwealth of Australia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.