One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A court that hears appeals, especially (the Appeal Court) the Court of Appeal.
- ‘The appeal court upheld the High Court judge's ruling that the benefits of vaccination outweighed the risks.’
- ‘But his conviction was quashed after the appeal court heard fresh evidence from new witnesses.’
- ‘Well, it is not for an appeal court or a trial court just to ignore a statute of the Commonwealth of Australia.’
- ‘The appeal court concluded that it had no doubts regarding the lower court's evaluation of the facts.’
- ‘This week, the US Supreme Court upheld an appeal court ruling that verified the original District Court verdict.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.