Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Their daughters, appearing somewhat apparitional, stand behind their parents and watch.’
- ‘‘Life is apparitional and passes,’ the passage begins.’
- ‘Altogether there were 21 apparitional sightings, 4 involving two viewers.’
- ‘The patch of wild raspberries, whose location is known only to us and to the apparitional gamekeeper, is laden with fruit.’
- ‘At one of these the anomaly was attended by a drop in temperature and an apparitional sighting by one of the investigators.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.