Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘This removal of apoptotic neutrophils by macrophage phagocytosis is a critical process for the resolution of inflammation.’
- ‘They are thought to represent lysosomal globules, composed of apoptotic bodies phagocytosed by the tumor cells.’
- ‘Clearance of apoptotic cells by phagocytes is crucial in maintaining tissue homeostasis.’
- ‘In the first part of this review, the biochemistry and physiology of apoptotic pathways and its regulators are discussed.’
- ‘We recommend further evaluation using additional special techniques for detecting apoptotic leukocytes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.