Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Manual therapy procedures may include joint mobilization directed toward the apophyseal joints or costotransverse joints.’
- ‘Additionally, there is some evidence to suggest that gymnastics may induce changes in the anterior and middle columns (Schmorl's nodes, apophyseal ring abnormalities, and vertebral wedging) that are not necessarily symptomatic.’
- ‘Adolescents and young adults are at particular risk for various apophyseal and epiphyseal injuries due to lack of ossification of these cartilaginous growth plates.’
- ‘As water is the main component of the disc, loss of fluid leads to a fall in disc height and abnormal loading of other spinal structures such as the apophyseal joints.’
- ‘Radiography of the pelvis showed a non-union of the left ischial tuberosity, with marked displacement of the apophyseal fragment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.