One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Apologies.‘apols to those who have read this before’
expression of regret, one's regretsView synonyms
- ‘Apols to anyone out there still waiting for updates.’
- ‘Please accept my apols for accusing you of hysteria.’
- ‘Ok, apols if this is the sort of thing that gets discussed a lot here, I don't come in much.’
- ‘Apols if I'm being petulant, but I'm still cross with him for blocking me on Twitter.’
- ‘Also, apols if I came across as snarky in my previous post - I probably wasn't at my most constructively critical there.’
- ‘Apols to all those to whom I said exactly the same thing a couple of days ago.’
- ‘Apols if this isn't formatted properly, the highlighting is mine.’
- ‘Here's a taster (apols for the length, but they don't half go on a lot).’
- ‘My last comment applies more to the other article - apols.’
- ‘Here's the text from the inside page (apols for capitals).’
- ‘Apols, I should have stated in my earlier message the location of my info.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.