One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of speeches, interviews, or other public appearances by a politician or other well-known figure, characterized as an expedient opportunity to express regret for a mistake or wrongdoing.‘he went on the worldwide apology tour beginning with a speech in Cairo’‘he remains out of work, now embarking on an apology tour as he tries to get back into the NFL’
- ‘Apology tours are unpopular, but after eleven years of unsatisfactory results, so are wars.’
- ‘He has made it clear this is not an apology tour, that it's simply his story.’
- ‘The presentation was apparently the first stop of an apology tour for the software company.’
- ‘Public figures caught out for bad behavior usually follow the predictable step of a public apology tour.’
- ‘She's kind of on an apology tour, and I wish her well for that because she's a lovely woman and she's really fun to work with.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.