One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or influenced by the bishop Apollinaris of Laodicea.‘the sources and text of the Apollinarian literature’
- ‘Art itself is one of the creative Apollinarian powers.’
- ‘The Apollinarian games had been celebrated the preceding year.’
- ‘That letter is of an Apollinarian character.’
- ‘The senate assembled during the Apollinarian games.’
- ‘Alongside the dominant school, there had always been a strong Apollinarian party.’
An adherent of the teachings of the bishop Apollinaris of Laodicea.‘he was an Apollinarian on the subject of the incarnation’
- ‘The whole treatise represents the arguments of an Apollinarian.’
- ‘He borrowed these books, under the pretence of being an Apollinarian.’
- ‘He was an Apollinarian on the subject of the incarnation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.