One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As you remember, Mrs. Nixon famously - perhaps apocryphally - drew a blank when Steinem asked her about what made her happy.’
- ‘In 1604 he demonstrated that unequal weights drop with equal velocity, an observation apocryphally said to be based on the dropping of weights from the leaning Tower of Pisa.’
- ‘Time to announce the year's top 10 headlines which may, apocryphally, have appeared in the Irish Times.’
- ‘This was no ordinary revolt, as the Duke is reputed, perhaps apocryphally, to have told Louis XVI.’
- ‘There was famously, possibly apocryphally, a public school classics master who took early retirement to go and become a Masai wife.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.