One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This was no ordinary revolt, as the Duke is reputed, perhaps apocryphally, to have told Louis XVI.’
- ‘As you remember, Mrs. Nixon famously - perhaps apocryphally - drew a blank when Steinem asked her about what made her happy.’
- ‘In 1604 he demonstrated that unequal weights drop with equal velocity, an observation apocryphally said to be based on the dropping of weights from the leaning Tower of Pisa.’
- ‘There was famously, possibly apocryphally, a public school classics master who took early retirement to go and become a Masai wife.’
- ‘Time to announce the year's top 10 headlines which may, apocryphally, have appeared in the Irish Times.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.