One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the poet's vision darkens apocalyptically in The Lice, which seems written under the shadow of planetary extinction.’
- ‘The BBC radio news yesterday evening was apocalyptically depressing.’
- ‘We gazed across the loch at Ben Lomond, which for once, in this apocalyptically bad summer, was gloriously free from cloud and touched lightly by skinny bands of sunlight.’
- ‘It reduced scores of buildings to dust, ignited fires that raged apocalyptically for four days, and cut San Francisco off from all outside communication.’
- ‘He talked angrily - almost apocalyptically - about the threats facing developing countries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.