One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We gazed across the loch at Ben Lomond, which for once, in this apocalyptically bad summer, was gloriously free from cloud and touched lightly by skinny bands of sunlight.’
- ‘But the poet's vision darkens apocalyptically in The Lice, which seems written under the shadow of planetary extinction.’
- ‘He talked angrily - almost apocalyptically - about the threats facing developing countries.’
- ‘The BBC radio news yesterday evening was apocalyptically depressing.’
- ‘It reduced scores of buildings to dust, ignited fires that raged apocalyptically for four days, and cut San Francisco off from all outside communication.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.