One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Deficiency of all types of blood cell caused by failure of bone marrow development.
- ‘In addition, bone marrow and stem cell transplants may be used to treat people with other blood disorders, such as severe aplastic anemia, and immune system disorders, such as severe combined immunodeficiency disorder.’
- ‘When she developed aplastic anaemia, her bone marrow failed so she could not produce the vital blood cells that fight infection and deliver oxygen around the body.’
- ‘She has been fighting against the debilitating illness aplastic anaemia since she was diagnosed with the condition in the summer of 2000.’
- ‘The only possible cure for aplastic anemia, we were told, was a bone-marrow transplant.’
- ‘Bone marrow transplantation may be considered in some cases of sickle cell anemia, thalassemia, and aplastic anemia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.