One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Although aplastic crisis is ultimately self-limiting, patients can be severely ill and fatalities have occurred.’
- ‘A team of 16 nursing staff deal with about 35 donor transplants a year for patients with different types of leukaemia, thalassaemia and aplastic anaemias who come from West, North and East Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire.’
- ‘Common problems in children include febrile events, acute chest syndrome, sequestration crisis, and aplastic episodes due to infection with parvovirus.’
- ‘While the aplastic crisis is self-limited, the authors note that the severe anemia precipitated by parvovirus infection may be fatal without appropriate transfusion support.’
- ‘Also infection can produce severe anaemia and an aplastic crisis in people with sickle-cell anaemia or other abnormalities of haemoglobin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.