One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Also infection can produce severe anaemia and an aplastic crisis in people with sickle-cell anaemia or other abnormalities of haemoglobin.’
- ‘Although aplastic crisis is ultimately self-limiting, patients can be severely ill and fatalities have occurred.’
- ‘While the aplastic crisis is self-limited, the authors note that the severe anemia precipitated by parvovirus infection may be fatal without appropriate transfusion support.’
- ‘Common problems in children include febrile events, acute chest syndrome, sequestration crisis, and aplastic episodes due to infection with parvovirus.’
- ‘A team of 16 nursing staff deal with about 35 donor transplants a year for patients with different types of leukaemia, thalassaemia and aplastic anaemias who come from West, North and East Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.