Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘We can apply the same reasoning to rods and transformation of cylindrical diverging wavefront using aplanatic points of the rods.’
- ‘These locations for which spherical correction has been optimized are called the aplanatic points.’
- ‘The aplanatic condenser is not corrected for color, hence objectionable color fringes are produced around the field of view diaphragm.’
- ‘The results indicates that the aplanatic hologram lenses are feasible for optical disk applications.’
- ‘It is shown to illustrate how a useful lens can be built using the aplanatic point of a sphere despite the fact that it lies within the glass.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.