One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These locations for which spherical correction has been optimized are called the aplanatic points.’
- ‘The aplanatic condenser is not corrected for color, hence objectionable color fringes are produced around the field of view diaphragm.’
- ‘The results indicates that the aplanatic hologram lenses are feasible for optical disk applications.’
- ‘We can apply the same reasoning to rods and transformation of cylindrical diverging wavefront using aplanatic points of the rods.’
- ‘It is shown to illustrate how a useful lens can be built using the aplanatic point of a sphere despite the fact that it lies within the glass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.