One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Few people would go to excess if they were not unwholesomely over-excited about their trivial apishness.’
- ‘Formerly man's apishness did not matter so much, but now he is gaining dangerous powers, and may destroy himself.’
- ‘Failure did not become victory, weakness did not become strength and we apes stopped emailing one another and greeting one another, and withdrew into mute apishness and mute despair.’
- ‘The General was struck just as much by the wildman's humanity as his apishness.’
- ‘That movement from the silent movie world of our apishness to the incredible communications of our never stilled tongue - it has left a scar inside us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.