One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Legs hooked over the board, he hangs apishly, body massively contracted, even his extremities.’
- ‘Equally unsettling was the frequency with which Jeremy - middle-aged, fat and apishly hairy - removed his consistently ill-fitting shirt.’
- ‘At regular intervals, backbenchers apishly banged their desks to salute their leader or, in response to their opponents, broke into bursts of sarcastic laughter.’
- ‘I felt a rush of jitters, my arms swung apishly like pendulums and my legs seemed disconnected, lumbering stilts.’
- ‘We were visionary idealists, purposefully choosing to pursue a lifestyle that did not apishly conform to culture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.