Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- technical term for beekeeping
- ‘‘Another reason the apiculture industry here is shrinking so fast is because some bee farmers are unwilling to accept physical hardship as they did before,’ he said.’
- ‘He holds a master of science degree in apiculture.’
- ‘In fact, the regular use and popularity of honey in Pakistan has given rise to a full-blown profession, better known as apiculture.’
- ‘According to the guidance, the National Organic Program intends to publish organic certification standards for apiculture, mushrooms, greenhouses and aquatic animals.’
- ‘The Report says that apiculture is the third largest industry after mining and tourism.’
Mid 19th century: from Latin apis bee + culture, on the pattern of words such as agriculture.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.