One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- technical term for beekeeping
- ‘He holds a master of science degree in apiculture.’
- ‘According to the guidance, the National Organic Program intends to publish organic certification standards for apiculture, mushrooms, greenhouses and aquatic animals.’
- ‘In fact, the regular use and popularity of honey in Pakistan has given rise to a full-blown profession, better known as apiculture.’
- ‘‘Another reason the apiculture industry here is shrinking so fast is because some bee farmers are unwilling to accept physical hardship as they did before,’ he said.’
- ‘The Report says that apiculture is the third largest industry after mining and tourism.’
Mid 19th century: from Latin apis ‘bee’ + culture, on the pattern of words such as agriculture.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.