Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for Sporozoa
- ‘A final group of Alveolates are the Apicomplexa, a group of parasitic and disease-causing protists.’
- ‘Two other phyla thought to be closely related to dinoflagellates are the Ciliophora and the Apicomplexa.’
- ‘The phylum Apicomplexa encompasses a large number of intracellular protozoan parasites, including the causative agents of malaria, toxoplasmosis, and many other human and animal diseases.’
- ‘Current thinking in the phylogeny of protists places the dinoflagellates in the Alveolates, along with the Apicomplexa, Ciliata, and Foraminifera.’
- ‘Similarly, all genera have some sort of anterior conoid like structure associated with predation or intracellular insertion in the Apicomplexa.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.