Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The Moore Honeyhouse is a new addition to an apiarian smallholding near the top of Little Terrapin Mountain in North Carolina.’
- ‘The new newsletter contained more contributed articles from regional experts and many advertisements for apiarian supplies.’
- ‘Even his apiarian neighbours were asked for help, providing him with bees and bee-hives.’
- ‘I will not enumerate all that apiarian science owes to him; to state what it does not owe were the briefer task.’
- ‘It is considered to be a leader and one of the greatest ambassador of the apiarian industry.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.