One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As Hippocrates aphorized the body itself is the healer.’
- ‘‘Step Across This Line’ also displays the author remembering, portraying, musing, aphorizing and lecturing.’
- ‘He was fond of aphorizing that a good surgeon is one who knows when not to operate.’
- ‘Instead of taking real risks with the language, she patterns and aphorises; instead of producing a new subjectivity, she dresses up old-fashioned realism with sentimental exoticism.’
- ‘Whereupon he smilingly aphorized with a paradox worthy of Wilde, ‘Because novels are true, and histories are false.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.