One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As an aphorist, Cullen is hard to beat and his supple and punning use of text puts the lie to the whole unthinking bad boy concept.’
- ‘Among the elite of aphorists are Samuel Johnson, Oscar Wilde, and Gore Vidal.’
- ‘In truth, a great many of the aphorists sound as though they sweated too hard to come up with their punchlines.’
- ‘For such as me, Kierkegaard the humorist - or novelist, or aphorist, or ironist - possesses an unquestioned eminence, whereas Kierkegaard the philosopher - or theologian, or pietist, or polemicist - cuts a far more equivocal figure.’
- ‘He was at best merely an aphorist, and at worst an opportunist who used selective silence as a means of self-promotion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.