One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no voice or sound; mute.‘the patient was aphonic on examination’
unable to speakView synonyms
- ‘Treating an aphonic patient is both challenging and rewarding for the speech and language therapist.’
- ‘Initially he was aphonic, but gradually some voice returned.’
- ‘His next-door neighbors are a poor family with an aphonic daughter named Zehra, who can see into the future.’
- ‘Inside the heard voices is an unheard voice, an aphonic voice, as it were.’
- ‘A 35-year-old woman who complained of having lost her voice several weeks previously was answering all questions put to her in an aphonic whisper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.