One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no voice or sound; mute.‘the patient was aphonic on examination’
unable to speakView synonyms
- ‘Treating an aphonic patient is both challenging and rewarding for the speech and language therapist.’
- ‘Inside the heard voices is an unheard voice, an aphonic voice, as it were.’
- ‘A 35-year-old woman who complained of having lost her voice several weeks previously was answering all questions put to her in an aphonic whisper.’
- ‘His next-door neighbors are a poor family with an aphonic daughter named Zehra, who can see into the future.’
- ‘Initially he was aphonic, but gradually some voice returned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.