One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveMedicine
- ‘In April 1860, he had suddenly become unconscious, and although he partly recovered, he remained aphasic.’
- ‘Although awake at times, she was aphasic and incommunicative, at least to the physicians.’
- ‘Do we really understand what aphasic patients are trying to tell us when we get informed consent for invasive procedures?’
- ‘The receptive aphasics among the participants detected that the woman was lying 73 percent of the time.’
- ‘Mildly aphasic and often confused, he could no longer defend himself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.