Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘In fact this article could be considered an analysis of the impact of the study of aperiodicity on Hubert's problem.’
- ‘A new technique for aperiodicity analysis was designed to meet these more stringent requirements, but even highly sophisticated fundamental frequency analysis procedures 9,10 need further refinement.’
- ‘Thus, the aperiodicity was not due to synaptic events but attributable to the activity of voltage-sensitive Na + channels.’
- ‘We prove that aperiodicity is present in both versions, and a strong convergence to a fixed point is added in the fuzzy case, which extends and complement Jen's result on aperiodicity of Boolean CA.’
- ‘This generalisation allows us to eliminate the bullwhip problem, but introduces stability and aperiodicity issues in the supply chain.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.