One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The early humanoids traditionally characterised as ape-like brutes were deeply emotional beings with high-pitched voices.’
- ‘Other traits shared with modern great apes were a large degree of hand rotation, and a distinctly ape-like skull.’
- ‘It reminds of an incident when my normally ape-like father revealed a hitherto unforeseen wit while we were in America.’
- ‘An ape-like creature that lived seven million years ago was confirmed yesterday as the oldest known ancestor of humans.’
- ‘We now know that Neanderthals were not ape-like.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.