One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The proposal of secular sainthood in MacCabe's book was begging to be made on behalf of the man who has always been worshipped for his apartness, his aloneness, his unprecedented success at staying dislodged from the rest of us.’
- ‘Many of these pictures cast a merciless light at the apartness, rather then togetherness, of man and woman.’
- ‘The French nobility is conscious of its apartness to this day.’
- ‘This apartness is what separates the arena of public art from that of the museum.’
- ‘Throughout the film, Ayer and the film's director, Antoine Fuqua, make a point of reinforcing Alonzo's apartness from other cops, and, by extension, from methods of traditional policing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.