Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hotel with furnished suites of rooms including kitchen facilities, available for long-term or short-term rental.
- ‘The apartment hotel, which will be named the Swiss-Belhotel Bay View, will be owned by PT Bali Bay View, a subsidiary of the Surabaya-based Property 21 Group.’
- ‘The Hilton Residences Bangalore, which offers one, two and three bedroom units, will be the only five-star serviced apartment hotel in the city of Bangalore, an HI statement said.’
- ‘‘We stay in apartment hotels every week so we can cook our own food,’ he says, ‘without cheese on it.’’
- ‘In another development on November 21, Bulgarian real estate developer BP 21 started a 1.7-million euro construction of an apartment hotel in the ski resort of Bansko, targeting mainly Irish and UK buyers.’
- ‘In 1969, a proposed 22-storey apartment hotel was refused the same lot, deemed at the time to be ‘clearly at variance with the spirit’ of Yorkville.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.