One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of hotel providing self-catering apartments as well as ordinary hotel facilities.
- ‘The company already manages several hotels and business centres around the country and four aparthotels in Britain.’
- ‘The developer was also looking to build two golf courses at the site as well as a 96-bedroom aparthotel and a number of detached houses.’
- ‘The developers are also looking to build a 204 room aparthotel on the upper floors of three of the blocks.’
- ‘Work is expected to begin on an aparthotel and 22 semi-detached houses on a 6.5 acres site early next year.’
- ‘The proposed €500 million development includes the construction of between 140,000 and 170,000 square metres of hotels, shops, aparthotels and offices on the site.’
1960s: from Spanish Apartotel, the name of a company specializing in this type of accommodation, from a blend of apartamento ‘apartment’ and hotel.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.