One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the aorta, the main artery of the body.‘the aortic valve’
- ‘The wireless sensor technology is used to monitor pressure within an aortic aneurysm.’
- ‘The formation of a single branch involves the fusion of the two aortic stems and a shortening of the arch.’
- ‘Failure to exhibit an adequate blood pressure response was associated with increased aortic stiffness.’
- ‘An aortic hematoma occurs when blood collects in the wall of the aorta.’
- ‘The thoracic aorta may give rise to a renal artery, which descends through the aortic hiatus.’
- ‘The plaintiff was born with severe aortic stenosis.’
- ‘They face an increased possibility of aortic splitting during pregnancy.’
- ‘My 13-month-old son has been diagnosed with a double aortic arch.’
- ‘Treatment of an aortic dissection depends on the location of the primary tear.’
- ‘Studies suggest that beta blockers may slow down the rate of aortic dilation and help prevent the artery from splitting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.