One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Vietnamese woman's long-sleeved tunic with ankle-length panels at front and back, worn over trousers.
- ‘She climbed onto the Honda, minding her ao dai, and wrapped her arms around his waist.’
- ‘A special type of Vietnamese women's gown is the ao dai.’
- ‘The ao dai consists of a long mandarin-collared shirt that extends to the calves, slit at both sides to the waist.’
- ‘Garbed in the traditional ao dai, young Vietnamese women seem to epitomise the charm and grace of Hue.’
- ‘A young guy wearing glasses was at the front explaining the pageant history, its celebration of the ao dai.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.