One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very difficult or impossible to determine.‘how well the system will work is anybody's guess’
- ‘Now, it's anyone's guess who was the intended target of his verbal charge.’
- ‘Some of these will make fortunes for their directors and some will not, but it's anyone's guess which will thrive and which will fail.’
- ‘Although, again, why she was bothering with him is anyone's guess.’
- ‘How the markets will react in the weeks ahead is anyone's guess however.’
- ‘Whether she can maintain the form and the focus until the US Open is anyone's guess but at least she knows that she is a champion again.’
- ‘How many Pittsburghers will know what they really are celebrating is anyone's guess.’
- ‘It is anyone's guess if Easter Sunday will be resurrection day for him.’
- ‘What to do about this imbalance is anyone's guess; but it does exist.’
- ‘Whether anyone will develop on the new land is anyone's guess.’
- ‘This Christmas it was a bridge replacement, so whether things will be running on time tomorrow morning is anyone's guess.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.