One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very difficult or impossible to determine.‘how well the system will work is anybody's guess’
- ‘What to do about this imbalance is anyone's guess; but it does exist.’
- ‘Whether she can maintain the form and the focus until the US Open is anyone's guess but at least she knows that she is a champion again.’
- ‘This Christmas it was a bridge replacement, so whether things will be running on time tomorrow morning is anyone's guess.’
- ‘How the markets will react in the weeks ahead is anyone's guess however.’
- ‘Now, it's anyone's guess who was the intended target of his verbal charge.’
- ‘It is anyone's guess if Easter Sunday will be resurrection day for him.’
- ‘Whether anyone will develop on the new land is anyone's guess.’
- ‘Although, again, why she was bothering with him is anyone's guess.’
- ‘How many Pittsburghers will know what they really are celebrating is anyone's guess.’
- ‘Some of these will make fortunes for their directors and some will not, but it's anyone's guess which will thrive and which will fail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.