One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A great deal or number of.‘the second half produced any amount of action’
- ‘Little by little you will be renewed from within yourself and be able to withstand any amount of stress.’
- ‘Integrity is not something that can be bought with any amount of money.’
- ‘I don't think there is any amount of pressure that can be exerted from Australia that's going to make the difference.’
- ‘There is just no reason that any amount of government money or ‘counseling’ will change this.’
- ‘They are unfazed by any amount of death, destruction, loss, tragedy, travesty.’
- ‘You cannot quite escape the war anywhere, resulting in reams of exasperation that cannot be dealt with by any amount of ranting.’
- ‘It has lots of fun things for cheap, but it's a hassle to go there and spend any amount of time buying things for my survival.’
- ‘New Orleans gets any amount of rain and they have got a water problem.’
- ‘But seriously, does any amount of soft or hard science help in this kind of discussion?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.