One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A great deal or number of.‘the second half produced any amount of action’
- ‘Little by little you will be renewed from within yourself and be able to withstand any amount of stress.’
- ‘New Orleans gets any amount of rain and they have got a water problem.’
- ‘I don't think there is any amount of pressure that can be exerted from Australia that's going to make the difference.’
- ‘But seriously, does any amount of soft or hard science help in this kind of discussion?’
- ‘It has lots of fun things for cheap, but it's a hassle to go there and spend any amount of time buying things for my survival.’
- ‘You cannot quite escape the war anywhere, resulting in reams of exasperation that cannot be dealt with by any amount of ranting.’
- ‘There is just no reason that any amount of government money or ‘counseling’ will change this.’
- ‘They are unfazed by any amount of death, destruction, loss, tragedy, travesty.’
- ‘Integrity is not something that can be bought with any amount of money.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.