One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner resulting from or revealing anxiety.‘we are all waiting anxiously for any news’
- ‘A formless dread seems to be working anxiously within him.’
- ‘Workers waited anxiously for news about whether they would have to forgo their paychecks.’
- ‘Meanwhile, he is wide awake, anxiously pacing about his garden.’
- ‘These letters reveal the eager young composer fretting anxiously over arrangements.’
- ‘He sits quietly, anxiously waiting for me to begin my questions.’
- ‘Thereafter she always inquired anxiously about the health of her students.’
- ‘I am anxiously awaiting the release of the next volume.’
- ‘Anxiously searching for their own identity, adolescents wish to find their answer to the question, "Who am I?"’
- ‘We are anxiously awaiting the results from your studies as we continue to conduct our own.’
- ‘I had been anxiously awaiting this DVD for some time, based on TV spots I had seen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.