Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Free from worry or concerns.‘a bright, confident, anxiety-free life’
serene, calm, tranquil, composed, placid, at peace, at rest, at ease, in repose, reposeful, undisturbed, untroubled, unworried, unruffled, anxiety-free, content, blissful, secureView synonyms
- ‘Children, whose lives may have been filled with abuse and chaos greatly benefit from an anxiety-free summer camp experience.’
- ‘You may find the adjustment from hospital to home quite easy and anxiety-free.’
- ‘In keeping you relaxed and anxiety-free, your voice wouldn't get all pinched and high.’
- ‘The use of the organic label has grown in proportion with the public's hankering for anxiety-free food.’
- ‘My goal is to help make all those important moments we mark with food anxiety-free for those with gluten allergies.’
- ‘As he surveys the sweeping shell-shaped beach fronting the elegant Spanish city of San Sebastian, he seems anxiety-free and happy.’
- ‘Traffic in Midtown was such a disaster that day that the only anxiety-free soul would have been someone riding in the back of a hearse.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.