Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The pupae of ants, especially when used as food for pet fish.
- ‘There is more to keeping coldwater fishes than the traditional goldfish bowl and a tub of ant's eggs.’
- ‘Tropical fish may be problematic, in that individuals can develop allergies to the ant's eggs.’
- ‘The treatment was to take some ant's eggs and mix them with onion juice.’
- ‘All my live food (grasshoppers, centipedes, caterpillars, maggots, and garden roaches) are fresh from the wild daily, including ant's eggs.’
- ‘With the damp soil that we've had on the raised beds in here recently, as summer storms replenish the water table, this must have been a welcome dry area for them to bring the 'ant's eggs', the pupae of the youngsters, into.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.