One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of the walls of an antrum, especially the antrum of the stomach.
- ‘A vagotomy is usually done in conjunction with an antrectomy.’
- ‘For this reason, we wanted to demonstrate, experimentally in the rat, differences in the mucous of the gastric remanent after an antrectomy.’
- ‘You also recall the doctor telling you and your husband in a December, 1989, conversation that your husband's problems were ‘abnormal results’ from the vagotomy and antrectomy surgery?’
- ‘In less advanced cases, the use of hemostatic drugs or endoscopic laser coagulation may be effective, but in advanced cases with severe hemorrhage, antrectomy may be required.’
- ‘For duodenal ulcers, antrectomy may be combined with other surgical procedures that are aimed at reducing the secretion of gastric acid, which is associated with ulcer formation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.