Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Two developed postoperative infection one of which required bilateral antral washout, the other settled with medical treatment.’
- ‘Upper endoscopy evaluations of 13 of the rosacea patients revealed that 8 had gastrointestinal disorders including antral gastritis, chronic atrophic gastritis, and duodenal ulcers.’
- ‘Endoscopic ultrasonography showed a thickened antral wall with a mass in the gastric antrum.’
- ‘Three antral biopsies were obtained within 2-5cm from the pylorus.’
- ‘Endoscopy evaluation revealed an antral nodule, which was biopsied.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.