One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It will be essential reading for scholars interested in antonymy and corpus linguistics.’
- ‘These links of similarity or contrast (antonymy) create lexical cohesion in a text.’
- ‘Having identified the discourse functions of antonymy in adult writing and speech, I'm now examining children's language to discover how and when ‘opposites’ are first learnt.’
- ‘We have relations of meaning such as synonymy and antonymy, polysemy and homonymy, ways of organizing the vocabulary.’
- ‘Fresh, empirical statements are made about antonymy, and over 350 authentic examples of ‘opposites’ are recorded and analysed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.