One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘Indeed, the antivivisectionist ancestors of today's animal rightists attempted to stop the research of Louis Pasteur that led to the discovery of the rabies vaccine.’
- ‘We meet early antivivisectionists, such as Frankenstein author Mary Shelley and Anna Kingsford, who studied medicine in order to make their voices heard.’
- ‘For example, she points out that women established the first antivivisectionist societies in both England and America, and that most members were also women.’
- ‘Debate over the ethics of human research was stimulated by antivivisectionists in the nineteenth century.’
- ‘Lederer contends that medical scientists used stories about such "heroic" acts to defend themselves against criticism from antivivisectionist groups--a defense they needed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.