Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[attributive] (of software) designed to detect and destroy computer viruses.
- ‘The first and most critical element of your Internet security system is antivirus software.’
- ‘I have 3 firewalls and plenty of antivirus software installed on my computer.’
- ‘Nonetheless vendors have announced plans to update antivirus software to detect the bug.’
- ‘Users are advised to update their antivirus software and delete any suspicious emails without opening them.’
- ‘Users are advised to update their antivirus software to detect the worm and to resist the temptation to open unsolicited email attachments.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.