Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
attributive (of software) designed to detect and destroy computer viruses.
- ‘Users are advised to update their antivirus software to detect the worm and to resist the temptation to open unsolicited email attachments.’
- ‘Nonetheless vendors have announced plans to update antivirus software to detect the bug.’
- ‘Users are advised to update their antivirus software and delete any suspicious emails without opening them.’
- ‘The first and most critical element of your Internet security system is antivirus software.’
- ‘I have 3 firewalls and plenty of antivirus software installed on my computer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.