One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inhibiting the growth of a tumour or tumours.‘in laboratory tests, this genetically altered adenovirus produced encouraging antitumour effects’
- ‘A systematic study was carried out to evaluate its antitumour efficacy against B16 murine melanoma.’
- ‘Vincristine and vinblastine are powerful antitumour drugs in widespread use in cancer chemotherapy.’
- ‘The researchers evaluated additional tumor markers and confirmed antitumor activity.’
- ‘The study will also employ a variety of imaging techniques and specific investigations aimed at exploring anti-tumour efficacy.’
- ‘Tumors suck up so much cholesterol that LDL has been considered a vehicle for delivering antitumor drugs to cancer cells.’
- ‘Apart from its antibacterial action it also has a general antiviral, antiparasitic, antifungal and antitumour action.’
- ‘The compound MPTQ appeared to have antitumour, antiinflammatory and analgesic activity.’
- ‘The drug then reinvigorates patients' anti-tumour immune response and promotes shrinkage of the tumour.’
- ‘Many derivatives of ellipticine have been synthesized in an attempt to improve the antitumour properties of this plant alkaloid.’
- ‘Antioxidant enzymes in cancer cells, such as GPx, GR, and especially TrxR, are major targets for recent antitumor drug studies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.