One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive (of legislation, chiefly in the US) preventing or controlling trusts or other monopolies, and so promoting fair competition in business.
- ‘They enforced the then recent antitrust legislation which had been allowed to lay idle.’
- ‘Nor did the court suggest that antitrust laws did not apply.’
- ‘Initially, the antitrust law provisions were inserted into the Treaty in view of their role in the process of market integration.’
- ‘The Act provides dairy producers who join together a specific exemption from antitrust laws.’
- ‘The debate is similar to that surrounding the application of the rule of reason in American antitrust law which is referred to at the end of this chapter.’
- ‘It's one of the major pleasures of having an exemption from the nation's antitrust laws.’
- ‘But antitrust law focuses on the power of sellers and potential injury to consumers.’
- ‘This was the first inter-state trust, which stimulated antitrust legislation.’
- ‘Tom and I agree that the ultimate purpose of the antitrust laws is to help consumers.’
- ‘Agribusiness mergers often don't create a big enough share of a market to trigger antitrust laws.’
- ‘Because of those antitrust laws we can't just pick a price for all architects to follow and stick to it.’
- ‘Here we take a look at the history of antitrust laws and examine some of the arguments against them.’
- ‘What is at first glance surprising is that so few mergers and acquisitions of banks have fallen into the antitrust net.’
- ‘We have established social legislation like welfare programs, antitrust laws, and a social security system.’
- ‘The hour is late, but Congress may toughen antitrust and fair trade laws if you speak out’
- ‘He's no radical, but at least he talks about raising income and enforcing antitrust.’
- ‘That, the plaintiffs maintain, is discriminatory, unfair and contrary to US antitrust law.’
- ‘The strength of this approach comes from the regulator being pro-active with an ongoing monopoly or antitrust policy.’
- ‘Congress tried to help the farm sector by exempting it from federal antitrust law.’
- ‘Harl, who is both an economist and a lawyer, understands antitrust laws and issues very well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.