One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antibody that counteracts a toxin.
- ‘Antivenoms and antitoxins can also be administered in this fashion.’
- ‘Human science employs somewhat similar procedures to produce what are called antitoxins, protein antibodies, to certain microorganisms.’
- ‘For example, antitoxins, like tetanus antitoxin, are made by injecting horses with a small amount of the toxin so that the animal produces the antibodies.’
- ‘The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and some state health departments keep a supply of antitoxin against botulinum toxin.’
- ‘Some antibodies are antitoxins, which directly neutralize any toxins secreted by the antigens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.