One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Casual as these associations may be - other readers will surely draw their own, perhaps antithetically - they make a compelling case for the critical relevance of a lost body of writing whose aesthetic interest isn't always apparent.’
- ‘He practices directing as antithetically and abusively to the author's intentions as perversely possible, reaping kudos from benighted reviewers and audiences alike.’
- ‘It's a question of antithetically opposed ways of thinking.’
- ‘The terms are used antithetically, each in its distinctive correct legal sense.’
- ‘Christ's teachings so specifically preach the virtues of compassion and love and humility and nonjudgmentalism - to see Christians behaving so antithetically toward the teachings of Christ, I'm really offended by it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.