One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Christ's teachings so specifically preach the virtues of compassion and love and humility and nonjudgmentalism - to see Christians behaving so antithetically toward the teachings of Christ, I'm really offended by it.’
- ‘It's a question of antithetically opposed ways of thinking.’
- ‘Casual as these associations may be - other readers will surely draw their own, perhaps antithetically - they make a compelling case for the critical relevance of a lost body of writing whose aesthetic interest isn't always apparent.’
- ‘He practices directing as antithetically and abusively to the author's intentions as perversely possible, reaping kudos from benighted reviewers and audiences alike.’
- ‘The terms are used antithetically, each in its distinctive correct legal sense.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.