One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The differences in world views between America and continental Europe are gradual, not antithetic, and the similarities exceed the differences by large.’
- ‘In contemporary usage, civil society is usually regarded as antithetic to the state.’
- ‘It seems that this is antithetic to the cause of creating an level playing field for students.’
- ‘Another view is that technical and competitive juggling is antithetic to juggling as an art form.’
- ‘Whichever cause has created these effects, the current condition of the church in this country is antithetic to the purpose for which Christ started it’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.