One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It seems that this is antithetic to the cause of creating an level playing field for students.’
- ‘Another view is that technical and competitive juggling is antithetic to juggling as an art form.’
- ‘The differences in world views between America and continental Europe are gradual, not antithetic, and the similarities exceed the differences by large.’
- ‘Whichever cause has created these effects, the current condition of the church in this country is antithetic to the purpose for which Christ started it’
- ‘In contemporary usage, civil society is usually regarded as antithetic to the state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.