Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘In accordance with the developed program, the main efforts of antiterrorist activities of government bodies should be focused.’
- ‘It would be necessary also to create on the government level an interdepartmental working group, analyze the existing antiterrorist system and identify its drawbacks and positive aspects as soon as possible.’
- ‘It is equally topical to further advance antiterrorist legislation.’
- ‘Of much importance is cooperation in the military sphere with other countries, specifically joint personnel training for the antiterrorist and counter-terrorist fight.’
- ‘This article provides an overview of the growth of antiterrorist policing in New York City post 9/11 from these three paradigms.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.