One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The negatively charged antiparticle of a proton.
- ‘The antiproton was produced when protons from a cyclotron were used to bombard a copper target.’
- ‘Soon, we produced antiprotons in accelerators and finally, in 1995, we combined a positron with an antiproton to produce an antimatter atom.’
- ‘Antimatter is matter composed of antiparticles, such as positrons, antineutrons and antiprotons.’
- ‘The antiprotons - which are negatively charged, like electrons - took up orbits around nuclei.’
- ‘Positrons, antiprotons and other antiparticles can be routinely created at particle accelerator labs and can even be trapped and stored for days or weeks at a time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.